Because of coronavirus, we have new guidelines for meetups this autumn. Please read through them carefully, especially if you haven’t visited us yet this autumn!
For the foreseeable future, our meetups are not drop-in, because we have strict limits on the number of people we can fit in each meeting room. For more information on our meetups you can check our calendar or our What’s New page; if you would like to attend a meetup, please fill out our sign-up form. If you have any questions, contact us!
14:05 -15:05 – first group
15:20 – 16:20 – group opens if the first group fills up
14:55 – 15:55 – reading/writing group
15:10 – 16:10 – science and projects group (kids can attend both)
Please submit the sign-up form by Thursday noon before the meetup. We will let you know ASAP if you have a spot or are on the waiting list.
If you were on the waiting list and a spot becomes free, we will let you know on Friday.
Please, please let us know ASAP if you are not going to be able to attend after all, in case we have someone on a waiting list – this is not how we like to run our beloved Saturday Club, but it’s necessary right now!
We strongly prefer to receive donations by bank transfer or PayPal, because we don’t always have a volunteer to sit behind the reception desk, and we don’t want to ask our group leaders to handle cash.
Please transfer the donation by Thursday 17:00 if you have a spot (it takes at least a full business day for the banks to complete the transfer). If you get a spot on Friday, please transfer the donation as soon as you can.
If you can’t donate by bank transfer, please let us know and we will work something out. We very much appreciate your donations – they (and membership fees) are our only source of funds to pay for group leaders, rent and supplies!
Here’s our bank account information:
Kontoinhaber: Saturday Club e. V.
Verwendungszweck: Spende (ChildName, Date)
You can also use the “Donate with PayPal” button; it’s at the bottom of every page of our website.
What to Bring
Since we are trying to avoid sharing of materials in the current situation, we would very much appreciate if you could bring a pencil case with the following materials to the meetup:
– colouring pens
– glue stick
– Children in the Schoolkids Group should say goodbye to their parent/guardian outside, in front of the building door, say hi to the person at the front desk, wash/disinfect their hands, and then go straight back into the regular Schoolkids Group room.
– Children in the Preschool Group may be accompanied by one parent if necessary.
– Parents: if you are new to us, I will give you our Contact Form on a clipboard with a pen. Please take this form outside to fill it out and bring it back when you are finished! We apologize in advance that we have to discourage parents from sitting in the reception area.
– All persons age 6 and above need to wear a cover over their mouth AND nose in ALL areas of the Learning Center except the classrooms themselves.
– All persons entering the Learning Center need to wash or disinfect their hands properly (20 seconds, with soap!).
– No eating is permitted in the Learning Center. Please make sure your children arrive fed and hydrated. (Children may bring a water bottle into the classroom.)
– Please have the children bring their own pencils/pencil cases.
– Group leaders are not allowed to shake hands, hug, high-five, etc.!
– All children and adults should sneeze and/or cough into their elbows.
– All children and adults should wash their hands after blowing their noses.
– If your child has symptoms of illness, please let us know and do not bring them!
If you are not sure how to get to us, please check your preferred map application – we are at Berliner Str. 118, right around the corner from the Pankow Train Station – directly at the tram stop!
Here’s our location at HereWeGo – Google Maps – Bing Maps
If you have any questions, please let us know!